This programme is aimed at those considering full time actor training and those considering a career change. Focusing on the basics of acting, voice and movement the aim is to prepare you vocally, physically and mentally for entry into full time accredited training programmes.
- Acting Studies - Introduction to Acting, Acting Technique, Audition Preparation, Devising,
- Voice Studies - Introduction to Vocal Awareness, Technical Foundation, Technical Foundation and its Application
- Movement Studies - Introduction to Movement, Movement Fundamentals, Movement Analysis, Movement Expression.
Teaching and learning
Term 1 introduces the basic concepts of acting, voice and movement. Term 2 enhances imagination, bravery and creativity as you prepare monologues for audition purposes. Term 3 consolidates these skills whilst you prepare for a showcase of your work.
Contact time is 24 hours a week.
Classes are practical involving group, pair or solo exercises.
ALRA tutors are both trained teachers and professional practitioners.
You will present selections of work at the end of term 2 and 3.
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded –
- The ALRA Foundation Acting Certificate
Over the last three years ALRA Foundation students have gained places at:
Birmingham School of Acting
Central School of Speech and Drama
Oxford School of Acting
American Academy of Dramatic Arts
Musical Theatre Academy
- Applicants are selected on the basis of their aptitude and ability to contribute to and successfully complete the qualification.
- You must be at least 17 years old at the start of the course, although ALRA welcomes the older student, especially those who are thinking about a career change.